In Week Two of Mother Goose Time‘s monthly theme Bird’s & Eggs, we learned about bird parts.
Some of this week’s Skill Learning Objectives were:
- Match and sort cards based on different photos,
- Create a prop beak and wear it while pretending to be a bird,
- Flip and rotate puzzle pieces to create silly bird puzzles,
- Use positional vocabulary to describe where birds are on the theme poster,
- Retell a story using Story Pieces,
- Identify vocabulary words in English and Spanish,
- Find sight words on each page of the I Can Read Book and read text from left to right,
- Coordinate arms and legs to do various movements,
- Count up to 8 or 18 manipulatives and fill up the counting cards,
- Pretend to be birds and mimic various bird calls.
The boys had so much fun pretending to be birds. Monkey has perfected his “talking parrot” squawking – it’s made for a few interesting shopping trips where he will only communicate like a parrot…
Monkey loved the Bird Mix-Up puzzle. He made up names and stories for all the different variations he came up with. He even made a few mutant birds with no heads or four legs! Got to love his creativity!
Thanks for stopping by! Next week are learning about Tree Birds.