Week One of Mother Goose Time‘s Birds & Eggs monthly theme was In the Nest. We learned about nests, eggs, hatchlings, bird food, and learning to fly with our daily activities.
A few of this week’s Skill Leaning Objectives were:
- Add or subtract sticks from a group according to a number rolled,
- Recognize and name the letter E in print,
- Create the letter E with play doh.
- Sort links by color,
- Create letters with feathers,
- Take care of a pretend baby chick and tend to its needs,
- Create and extend a four step pattern of a life cycle using photo cards,
- Count up to 8 links during a game,
- Demonstrate balance and control to reach and jump while trying to catch feathers.
Each year hummingbirds nest in our trees and it always so much fun to peek in and see the tiny eggs and then watching as the little hummers hatch and start growing. The picture below is one of the nests this year – doesn’t it look so cozy!
We went to the zoo this week also and were able to see the flamingoes sitting on their nests. Every now and then, the flamingoes would stand up and turn their eggs. It was so interesting to watch!
Thanks for stopping by! Next week we are learning about Bird Parts.