With Week Three of Mother Goose Time‘s monthly theme Bird’s & Eggs, we learned about tree birds.
This week’s Skill Learning Objectives included:
- Identify various words in the -it word family.
- Assemble various pieces to make a birdhouse design.
- Help assemble puzzle pieces.
- Explore various ways to make a woodpecker puppet move.
- Add and subtract manipulatives to solve math story problems.
- Maintain attention long enough to find items on a poster while playing I Spy.
- Throw a pompom toward a target and change the approach to improve accuracy.
- Take turns cooperatively while playing a game with others.
Monkey decided to work on his I Spy poster from his birdhouse (under the table). He insists that the instructions should say there are 5 mice rather than 4 because he found a mouse sticking out of a sock. Even though I tried to explain that he needed to find the mice that looked exactly like the mouse in the instructions, he insists that he is right!
This week had a lot of great cooperative activities which was perfect since we were having a few struggles with working together and taking turns. The boys were having fun together rather than arguing! While playing outside and trying to help the pompom “eagles” catch their prey, Booger discovered he could make a shadow like “Mighty Eagle.”
Thanks for stopping by! Next week we learn about Exotic Birds.