Week Three of Mother Goose Time’s preschool curriculum Camping theme had us exploring the trail.
This week’s skill and content learning objectives included:
- Recognize and name basic colors.
- Subtract manipulatives according to a number spinner.
- Match pictures on road sign cards.
- Patiently wait a turn while playing a board game.
- Describe a hiking trail and a trail map.
- Describe a pinecone.
- Explain the relationship between a pinecone and a pine tree.
- Describe bicycle safety rules.
- Identify various trail and road signs.
- Explain why you shouldn’t eat things you find on a trail.
This week we had two fun folder games. One was a math game where we subtracted pinecones from the tree and fed then either to a squirrel or a bird. The other was a cooperative game where they collected articles of clothing and dressed a paper doll.
Monkey was thrilled with the picture of the brain. Booger was pretending to be disgusted by the picture, so in true little boy form, Monkey chased his brother around the house with the picture.
As a Mother Goose Time Blog Ambassador, I received the curriculum free of charge in exchange for blogging about our experience with it. All opinions I have expressed are my own or those of my family. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC Regulations.